Friday, March 26, 2010

Review ~ Shalador's Lady by Anne Bishop


TITLE: Shalador's Lady
AUTHOR: Anne Bishop
COPYRIGHT: 2010
TYPE: Fantasy
PAGES; 448
SERIES: oh yeah
1. Daughter of the Blood
2. Heir to the Shadow
3. Queen of Darkness
4. The Invisible Ring
5. Tangled Web
6. Dreams Made Flesh (read 2 of the 4 in this anthology)
7. The Shadow Queen
8. Shalador's Lady

REASON FOR READING: I fell in love with the trilogy and had to read everything that has to do with the characters I’ve grown to love

SUMMARY: {From goodreads}
For years the Shalador people suffered the cruelties of the corrupt Queens who ruled them, forbidding their traditions, punishing those who dared show defiance, and forcing many more into hiding. And even though the refugees found sanctuary in Dena Nehele, they have never been able to call it home. Now that Dena Nehele has been cleansed of tainted Blood, the Rose-Jeweled Queen, Lady Cassidy, makes it her duty to restore the land and prove her ability to rule. She knows that undertaking this task will require all her heart and courage as she summons the untested power within her, a power capable of consuming her if she cannot control it. And even if Lady Cassidy survives her trial by fire, other dangers await. For the Black Widows see visions within their tangled webs that something is coming that will change the land—and Lady Cassidy—forever…

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
Okay first off let me just say I started this book at midnight and did not put it down until 7am I was so enthralled I literally got no sleep b/c I could not put it down. I loved this book it let me get a glimpse of the main characters in this book as well as the older characters.

Things I enjoyed:
Let me just say I love how Cassie's has grown and matured in this book. I love that she finally became the woman and queen she needed to be to rule the Shalador people and all of the people who needed her. I also like that my least favorite character got his come upins if you will.
The first court in Cassie's circle is great and they really surrounded her and made sure that she was taken care of. I love that she had to learn to heal from mental and verbal scars as her men did.
And I have to say that Grey's growth is fantastic he did a wonderful job.

Things I didn’t care for:
I didn't like Theran in the first book and I have to say that I am so happy he finally got what he needed. However, I really didn't like the way he treated Cassie for as long as he did. I still think Cassie should've fried him on the spot and I wish that Deamon would've taken care of him like he deserved. However, without giving away any of the book I will say I am statisfied on the results.
Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved this book too. Glad to see others liking it as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄