Thursday, March 25, 2010

Review ~ On the Edge by Ilona Andrews


TITLE: On the Edge
AUTHOR: Ilona Andrews
COPYRIGHT: 2009
TYPE: Fantasy
PAGES; 309
SERIES: yes I believe it will be

REASON FOR READING: I absolutely love Ilona Andrew's Kate Daniels Series so I had to see what this one was about.

SUMMARY: {From goodreads}
Rose Drayton lives on the Edge, between the world of the Broken (where people drive cars, shop at Wal-Mart, and magic is a fairy tale) and the Weird (where blueblood aristocrats rule, changelings roam, and the strength of your magic can change your destiny). Only Edgers like Rose can easily travel from one world to the next, but they never truly belong in either.

Rose thought if she practiced her magic, she could build a better life for herself. But things didn't turn out how she planned, and now she works a minimum wage, off the books job in the Broken just to survive. Then Declan Camarine, a blueblood noble straight out of the deepest part of the Weird, comes into her life, determined to have her (and her power).

But when a terrible danger invades the Edge from the Weird, a flood of creatures hungry for magic, Declan and Rose must work together to destroy them, or the beasts will devour the Edge and everyone in it . . .


THOUGHTS/OPINION:
I really enjoyed this book. It was hard for me at first due to Rose and her hard external shell. I just couldn't get past her rough edges through half the book until things started becoming apparent as to why she acted the way she did. I did love that Rose managed to grow throughout the entire book.


Things I enjoyed:
I love that both characters grew through out the book. I hate when I read a series and the characters remain the same book after book. In this book both Declan and Rose grew to be the people they needed to be in order to survive and love each other.

I love that the romance happened very slowly just like in real life. I actually feel as if this story could've happened in real life in the right amount of time (minus the whole magic thing)

I love how Ilona and her husband really think about the advantages of magic and the disadvantages. The rules are clearly drawn in this world and they don't wavier to make it easy for the characters.

The world that was created here was just simply fanastic I couldn't have asked for more details. Things were explained just enough to know where you where and what you needed without extra. Very nice

Things I didn’t care for:Just b/c I feel like I'm beating a dead horse I will not talk about Rose. I didn't like the villian for some reason it just didn't feel good enough or I guess evil enough for what he was doing. And honestly I didn't understand why he unleashed the hounds on the edge and not in the weird but I think that could be b/c I rushed through the book so quickly when reading.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? This will be a keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄