Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Review ~ Like a thief in the Night by Bettie Sharp


TITLE: Like a Thief in the Night
AUTHOR: Bettie Sharpe
COPYRIGHT: 2008
TYPE: Erotica
PAGES: 99 (in ebook format)
SERIES: Not that I’m aware of

REASON FOR READING: I’ve had this sitting on my computer for awhile I thought it was a good time to break out with it.

SUMMARY: [from Goodreads ]
Death comes like a thief in the night. For reclusive thief Sevastien Aniketos, death comes in the form of slinky assassin Arden Black. But Aniketos has a surprise for his would-be assassin—he is immortal. And he is about to turn the tables on the pragmatic femme fatale. Arden finds more than she bargained for when she sneaks through the window of Aniketos’s glass penthouse to take his life. The immortal thief is no victim; he’s a clever strategist who has set his sights on capturing the lethal lady and making her his own. Trapped with a man she cannot kill, Arden slowly succumbs to Aniketos’s scheme of seduction, ceding her secrets, her loyalty, and eventually her heart. But when Arden’s wicked past catches up with her, Aniketos is faced with a choice. An endless life without Arden, or a paltry mortal lifespan with the woman he is increasingly sure he cannot live without

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
All and all I enjoyed this book. It had some great things going for it. Word to the wise though this is a strong book, lots of crude language, lots of violence and violent sex. It all fits with the story but some might be turned off by that.

Things I enjoyed:
I really like the mythology back ground on why Sevastien was the way he was. It was a very interesting background I think it flowed well. I liked that the “heroine” was strong, independent and never faltered from that. A lot of the times authors will have this “strong” heroine who is strong until she faces one thing then she collapses and becomes the damsel in distress waiting for the hero to save her. This was not the case. I also enjoyed the story and discovering the company that Arden works for and how they work.

Things I didn’t care for:
The violent sex. Yes I understand that it fit the characters. Yes I understand why it was used. However, I personally just didn’t care for it. I don’t feel comfortable reading scenes where the “hero” strangles the “heroine” to help her get off. And yes before you ask she did want it, doesn’t mean I enjoyed reading about it.

Would I recommend this book? Yes

Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again? I have read this author before when she did Ember and I highly recommend it as well.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping

Anything else? I think this is a fantastic author that we should keep an eye out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day šŸ˜„