Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Review ~ Dead Sexy by Kimberly Raye


TITLE: Dead Sexy
AUTHOR: Kimberly Raye
COPYRIGHT: 2007
TYPE: paranormal romance
AGES: 224
SERIES: Surprisingly yes it’s the first in a vampire series. Although I think the series is part of the Blaze line.

REASON FOR READING: This is one of 2 category romances I had in the TBR and this month's challenge was to read one.

SUMMARY: [from Goodreads ]
She was looking for long-term. She wasn't expecting eternity! Just when Nikki Braxton has given up on finding a normal guy, she meets cowboy Jake McCann.
Tall, dark and delicious, he could be the ideal man if he wasn't a vampire. Well, at least that explains his...uh... hunger for her. Meanwhile, that down-and-dirty sex they're having is giving him the energy he needs to destroy his nemesis and break the vampire curse. Good thing, because being with Nikki makes him long for a normal life that much more.
But then Nikki is abducted. If Jake saves her, he may lose his only shot at becoming human again. Talk about damned if you do.

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
Quick summary Nikki is the good girl next door that doesn’t really know who she is or what she wants. She is split between what her loose and free mother thinks is best for her and what her tight and perfect aunt thinks is best for her. She doesn’t know how to be herself b/c she hasn’t discovered who she is. That is until Jake comes along and shows her that doing what she wants is okay nothing bad will happen.
Jake on the other hand is having a problem all his life he’s been tied down and trapped to one person or another never truly free. All he wants to do is kill his sire so that he can be human again and do whatever he likes not trapped by the hunger of the vampire in him.

Things I enjoyed: I liked both characters a lot. I understood where they were coming from and the final choices they had to make. It was refreshing to see Nikki’s reaction to her behavior the night after a “one night stand with Jake” she freaked out when they told her she was engaged b/c she would never do anything like that. But then got mad that they wouldn’t think she could do anything like that. A typical woman response LOL!! Jake was sexy and macho but still conflicted for good reasons. He was caring and wanted so badly to prove to Nikki that he wasn’t like the rest of the guys in her life that he was different.

Things I didn’t care for:
I didn’t care for the ending it wrapped up to HEA for me. I won’t spoil it here but it really upset me how the villain turned out to be… and how that all seemed to be okay in the end. I also didn’t realize this was a series so it made sense how it ended but still kind of disappointed me.

Would I recommend this book? Yes. All and all it was a quick sweet read.

Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again? Yes this was the first time I read this author and I might pick up something else by her if I happen to see in the stores. Her writing was nice, neat and sweet and the sex scenes she wrote were HAWT

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Passing I don’t usually hold on to categories

Anything else? I don’t know if this was the first in the series or not but it was good enough to be a stand alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day ๐Ÿ˜„