Tuesday, January 21, 2020

30 Day Harry Potter Challenge ~ Day 14


Today Is: 

Day 14: Books or Film?




Books by far. I love the books and I will find I would rather go back and re-read them then to sit down and watch the movie marathon. The books for me bring back a time and place where it was a mad rush to place your order, then stand in line and wait with other people. At midnight the release would happen, and the parties would take place. It felt like when you know who was destroyed in the first book and all the muggles were seen outside celebrating. That’s what the book releases were like. People from all walks of life standing around outside a bookstore waiting to get their copies. Butter beer and dancing happening. Sharing of the books previously released and talking about all the good things. I just feel like nothing would top that. The movies while good (and don’t get me wrong I was at every midnight release) people while excited already knew what was going to happen and therefore didn’t have the anticipation that they did regarding the books. I also remember once a book was released taking off the next day just to curl up and read it all so that you could avoid the spoilers. Then rushing around and talking to everyone about it that maybe had read it. Finding kindred spirits and dissecting the books became almost short of a religion.

The books also have so much detail that the movies couldn’t possibly have put it all in. They were so colorful and written in such a way that you wanted to dive in more and dig up all the information you could. You wanted to join fan forums to discuss spoilers and related topics of what might come. The books are so wonderful that I can’t wait to start to read them to my nephew. 

Day 14: Books or Film?
Day 15: Favorite mythical beast
Day 16: Character I would bring back
Day 17: Favorite lesson
Day 18 : Opinion on Draco
Day 19: Favorite cast member
Day 20: Two people who I ship
Day 21: Opinion on cursed child
Day 22: Opinion on fantastic beast
Day 23: Favorite magical object
Day 24: Favorite defense against the dark arts teacher
Day 25: What could you want the ending to be if you could change it
Day 26: Favorite location
Day 27: Least favorite male character?
Day 28: Least favorite female character?
Day 29: Favorite room at Hogswart
Day 30: Favorite family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄