Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Book Review ~ The Bat by Jo Nesbo


Title: The Bat
Author: Jo Nesbo
Published: 2013

Summary
Inspector Harry Hole of the Oslo Crime Squad is dispatched to Sydney to observe a murder case. Harry is free to offer assistance, but he has firm instructions to stay out of trouble. The victim is a twenty-three year old Norwegian woman who is a minor celebrity back home. Never one to sit on the sidelines, Harry befriends one of the lead detectives, and one of the witnesses, as he is drawn deeper into the case. Together, they discover that this is only the latest in a string of unsolved murders, and the pattern points toward a psychopath working his way across the country. As they circle closer and closer to the killer, Harry begins to fear that no one is safe, least of all those investigating the case.

Thoughts: 
Okay first off I this book started off so good. I was invested and wanted to know more about Harry, Andrew and the woman that was killed. Then I am not sure where or what happened. We went from oh that makes sense to… scratch my head and a lot of what the ever-loving hell? I just got so lost and found that by mid-way I was done and tired. I didn’t care anymore for Harry or his troubles. I damn sure didn’t care about the big OMG shocker that was supposed to come and yet it did nothing for me. I got to the point that while I figured out who the killer was and was right, I just didn’t enjoy it. The satisfaction was gone by the time we went through all the wallowing in drunkenness and yet WOW magically we pulled out the killer from our drunk ass and POOF we are amazing. So yeah that didn’t turn out the way I thought it would go. And I have to say I was sorely disappointed. I only read this one so that I could find a new series and I really wanted to read the Snowman as it was a movie tie in but, alas I am glad now I didn’t waste my time.

This is not one I would recommend to anyone. I just didn’t like it and was not invested by mid-point. I forced myself to continue to read it as I wanted to finish the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄