Monday, July 8, 2019

Review of Spotify’s Playlist







So quick admission I am ARMY well sort of I'm a new Army which has in itself been a weird discovery. Especially for my age. That being said I really enjoy BTS and their music, especially their message behind their music. So it was no surprise when I found out that they were doing a US tour I had to go (I went to the Chicago one on both night I have a friend who got free tickets for the second night) Needless to say that sealed the deal for me. Since then I have been listening to their music non-stop and then Spotify helped me to discover that each member has released their own playlist and I thought huh why not find out if we like the same music.

So I started with the oldest Jin (also happens to be my bias although at my age I have to say I like them all but no in the way most people have a bias) Anyway I digress... I have no idea what I was envisioning when I thought of a playlist that Jin would listen to. I think in my mind it was going to be a lot of slow songs and honestly it was going to be more Korean songs and I know that was a stereotype but for some reason I didn't think that Jin and I would have a lot in common music wise mainly because he is a lot more goofy then I am, he tells dad jokes, and he rarely speaks English (even though I am confident that he understands more then he let's on) he also is way more confident then I am and well he appears more traditional then the others so I just went with he would like slower old man music (yeah feel free to judge me now). Anyway I pulled up his playlist and image my surprise when not only did I know every song but I have every song on a playlist of my own *SHOCKED* yes yes I am.... huh

You can find this playlist here on Spotify

1. Rockstar by Post Malone (this one really blew my mind)
2. Perfect Duet by Ed Sheeran and Beyoncé (okay not so shocked by this one)
3. Cross Me by Ed Sheeran and Chance the Rapper (I have no idea why this one shocks me but dang boy I love this song so yeah color me shocked)
4. Without Me by Halsey (now I know they did the whole Boy With luv thing but I didn't think he listened to her other music)
5. Me! by Taylor Swift and Brendon Urie (IDK I'm torn on Taylor it feels like he would like her music)
6. You need to Calm Down by Taylor Swift (again Taylor doesn't surprise me and he doesn't like haters and tends to do what he wants so this does fit his personality from what he shows media wise)
7. bad guy by Billie Ellish (I was surprised by this one not sure why but this one didn't seem like it fit him...)
8. If I can't Have You by Shawn Mendes (seems like it would fit him I put Shawn in a Taylor Swift kind of category bubble gum pop if you would)
9. Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper (this one doesn't surprise me especially with the guitar parts and the slow music)
10. Talk by Khalid (I LOVE THIS SONG seriously love it so I also love that he or just anyone from BTS also loves Khalid as well!!!)
11. Sicko Mode by Travis Scott (again this one threw my world off I mean I love it but not a lot of people do. Especially people who love some of the other songs on this list)
12. Boy With Luv (now this doesn't surprise me what I wonder is if the other band members will have a BTS song on their list as well. I honestly thought he would have Fire as he always talks about that song)


 So needless to say this was a real eye opener for me. It makes me wonder do they really listen to this playlist or do they just add these songs for us the fans? Also do they really like this music and do they talk about it the way we do? I just never hear them talk about music and they never suggest music (Well RM and Suga do but usually it is music they produced or helped produced or are on) so I just wonder how accurate this playlist is.

I am thinking of looking over the other members as well as this one took me by surprise. What are your thoughts on the playlist? Do you follow them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄