Friday, September 7, 2018

Working Out

So I started to work out again... lord help me

Needless to say it's going great. I have the unlimited membership to Beachbody on Demand and I am using it everyday... except on the days when I am not using it. The goal for me is 3 times a week and thus far I have managed to do it Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. I am going to shoot for Friday, Saturday and Sunday as well. I had thought if I just pick a program and stick to their calendars I would do better turns out that didn't work for. So instead I went for a schedule of this

Monday: PiYo (which is a yoga/stretch/Pilates)
Tuesday: Arm Day
Wednesday: Cardio Day
Thursday: Rest Day or Stretch Yoga Day
Friday: Leg Day
Saturday: Cardio Again
Sunday: Total Body Workout 

So for the first week on Beachbody I did the following videos
Monday: Fire 40 (Turbo Fire)
Tuesday: Upper Fix (21 Day Fix)
Wednesday: Max Out Power (Insanity Max 30)
Thursday: Took off
Friday: Resistance 1 (22 Minute Hard Corps)
Saturday: Not sure as it is part of the Challenge Du Jour 

So the first day Fire 40 KICKED my BUTT it was ridiculous and I seriously only made it about 20 to 25 minutes in before I walked away and said PASS. Tuesday however, I did the whole Upper Fix and I have to say I have never been so sore. It is Friday when I am writing this and man alive but my arms and chest still ache from this. Wednesday was Max Out Cardio and I made it through but I did the moderation version of this and while it was easier then what the others were doing I have to say I enjoyed it and I remember why I always try to convince myself that I should do insanity Shaun T is an amazing instructor and has great energy. I could see myself doing Max 30 and following that program. I really hope more Insanity Max is on the Challenge Du Jour in the future. I am also proud of myself and knowing my limits of having a day off in the week. While stretching is important I am also only 3 days in and having a day off felt good and my over all health and sanity needed. I am truly looking forward to Friday's work out and I fully admit at the same time I am scared to see what a leg day will entail. 

If you want to keep up with my journey I have been posting over on my Instagram come and join me


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄