Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Album Review ~ Every Hour is a Dollar Gone by Patrick Sweany


Title: Every Hour is a Dollar Gone 
Artist: Patrick Sweany
Genre: Alternative


Released: 2007

Songs (favorite tracks denoted with a *)
1. After Awhile
2. From Orange to Pink
3. Million to Me
*4. Them Shoes
5. Hotel Women
6. Burma Jones
*7. Your Man
8. Two or Three
9. Wednesday Night
10. Think About It
11. Mom and Dad
12. Blessed Friend of the Guitar
13. Just Another Fool
14. Oblivious
15. The Biz
16. Union Pool 

Total Time: 1 hour 2 minutes
Price: 24.99 vinyl

Thoughts on Album
I really enjoy this album and it is one that I listen to quite frequently at work when I am trying to concentrate on things with having a ton of things to do but want background noise that is upbeat, slow, rhythmic, and yet entertaining without too much that distracts me. There are some songs that I just can't help but sing along to like Them Shoes and other songs I just zone out and focus with the music playing in the back ground which is just fine and the reason I enjoy it so much. Patrick has a voice that is unique I can pick his music and voice out of everyone else and yet it is soothing enough that I just like to hear it and his songs. I also enjoy his electric guitar and strands it is nice background music and makes your head just rock back and forth while listening along to it.

Grade: Definitely a high B low A
Would I recommend: Depends on the genre you are looking for his voice is unique his guitar is not as unique as say Gary Clark Jr but is easy to listen to. Good music for work. Also good to sit out on the deck with a cold beer and just relax to. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄