Sunday, January 29, 2017

Review The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber

TitleThe Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker
Author: Leanna Renee Hieber
Copyright: 2009
Type: paranormal romance
Pages: 324
Series: yes and this was book 1

Reason for Reading: 
It has been sitting on my TBR pile FOR...EV...ER

Summary:
What fortune awaited sweet, timid Percy Parker at Athens Academy? Hidden in the dark heart of Victorian London, the Romanesque school was dreadfully imposing, a veritable fortress, and little could Percy guess what lay inside. She had never met its powerful and mysterious Professor Alexi Rychman, knew nothing of the growing shadows, of the Ripper and other supernatural terrors against which his coterie stood guard. She saw simply that she was different, haunted, with her snow white hair, pearlescent skin and uncanny gift. This arched stone doorway was a portal to a new life, to an education far from what could be had at a convent -- and it was an invitation to an intimate yet dangerous dance at the threshold of life and death...

Thoughts
I'm not even sure where to begin on this one other then it wasn't my favorite and I am trying to not be harsh. I think I went into this thinking it was going to be something other then it was and it turned into something completely different then I anticipated and so that threw my world off a little and I just haven't recovered from it. I still to this day can't remember Percy and that isn't a good thing. I still don't know why she is important. The Goddess part threw in a wrench in the story and I didn't know why or how that was important and why no one believed Rychman when he said the "trap" girl wasn't the right fit when he after all would know who he should be in love with so that was weird to me and I didn't get why he was so anti hanging out with everyone because he wanted to fall in love but when he did GAWD forbid it could be Percy b/c he was waiting on a goddess. I hate hate hate hate hate the BIG MISUNDERSTANDINGS that happen in every frigging romance book but when they drag on until one character nearly dies it drives me batty especially when it has to do with magic JUST EXPLAIN IT especially when more then one person in the group feels uneasy too. UGH
So maybe that was my hangup. Anyway I guess that was it for me. I just don't do well with things like that I understand that a group might not get along but communication goes a long way and I feel like a group like this that hunts together this often and relies on each other with one of them seeing the future could have and should have communicated better about a lot of things so it didn't make sense that their bond was that much off without explaining to me why they didn't trust each other since they had been together since kids. 

Grade: 2 out of 5 stars

Would I recommend: Not really my thing but if I heard someone talking about wanting something a little different sure I would bring it up. Would be a hard sale though

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄