Friday, August 28, 2015

My Favorite Things ~ Week #18


My Favorite things… Episode 32
And we’re back holy crap peps I’ve been away for about 2 weeks and it feels like forever (first time in forever from frozen is what is going on in my head) so I will move on… to it’s been like forever since I’ve seen/heard from ya. So anyway welcome back to My Favorite Things I’ve missed you guys!

Let’s jump right in

NERD: (dum dum dum)
So Stargate Con was during my vacation as was Wizard World Comic-Con which was last weekend. I had the lovely opportunity to meet some actors and actresses that I’ve been dying to meet literally dying. I mean not literally but metaphorically... alright took that too far.
Needless to say I met Peter Williams, Rainbow Sun Francks, David Blue, Peter Kelamis, Suanne Braun, Chuck Campbell, Michael Shanks (again), Rachel Luttrell, and others. I managed to actually take pictures with a few of these people and got autographs from others (see below for pictures or go to other places to get pictures AKA Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook).
It was a fantastic weekend full of fun times, lots of laughs, good stories collected, voice lost and new friends made. That being said I would do it again in a heartbeat (hint, hint, wink, wink all those who listen and those who would like me to help with volunteering b/c I LOVED it I think I got bitten by the volunteering bug)
 
 
 
 

 

I then spent a few days with 2 good friends just relaxing, buying things and sitting back and watching TV/Movies and being nerdy before Wizard World actually hit which was last weekend. There I met some fun people and I can’t even go into how AWESOME it was. The true nerd in me came out full throttle I actually “no kidding here people” had a fan girl moment while talking to someone (yes that someone was an actor and no I have never done that before I either manage to keep cool as I am talking, during the talk, before the talk and then fan girl out after words but never during the actual freaking moment). Needless to say the person I totally fan girl over Milo Ventimiglia…. Let that sink in for a moment we are talking about Jess from Gilmore Girls, Peter from Heroes, The Ogre from Gotham and will be on Conman he’s also on a lot of other things. But my goodness it was Jess from Gilmore Girls that was the end all be all for me and he succeeded (see photos below)
 


Then I moved on to see other fantastic actors such as…
Stephen Amell

Nathan Fillion

Brett Dalton


Michael Rooker

Sean Patrick Flannery
And A Boondock Saint’s duo with Sean Patrick Flannery and Norman Reedus
Jeremy Freaking Renner


Can you freaking believe it? Cause I loved every second of it especially the selfies I love that more and more actors are doing those. I really didn’t get any autographs other than Sean Patrick Flannery, but I am not an autograph kind of girl. I have learned over the few years of doing cons that autographs are just not worth it to me. I mean other than my name (if I even get that for the cost) you get the same phrase that everyone else gets and then well what’s the point. I understand it but let’s be honest at that point it isn’t personalized and I get it I truly do but goodness not worth the money for me.
Moving on…

PERSONAL
So I found a couple of wonderful things at Wizard World and in Chicago itself. On the one hand I got some cool Pop Funko stuff and then I got some games: Borderlands, Shadow of Modor for my Xbox and then Darkest Dungeon for the laptop and computer. Which unrelated side nerd note Darkest Dungeon is AMAZE BALLS love this game. Lots of fun playing, characters are interesting, character development so cool you are assigned negative character traits such as hopelessness, misery and the only way to help them is to drop them off at a brothel, pub or abbey depending on your character. 

Besides the funko pop and games I also got a bunch of amazing artwork while at Wizard World b/c I thought hey eating Ramen is fun and Artist Alleyway was calling my name it was like, “Sara you need this, oh Sara look here, OMG how can you not buy me, look at how cool this will be in your house,” yes it did say all that to me. So my Firefly, Sherlock, and Captain America collection grew in art and then I added David Tennant and the 10th Doctor to my collection. Thanks to my lovely sis for getting me hooked on that stupid rabbit hole that never ends. (Unless you’re me and refuse to watch pass Donna’s storyline b/c you are a little bitter about how they treated her, but I digress). Needless to say please enjoy the artwork and if you are just listening head over to the reading blog to see the pretty pretty pictures I bought and took.
 

 

 

 


TV/MOVIES
So when I was in Chicago I was able to catch up on some new shows *cough X-files cough* and helped my sis get introduced to Kill Joys (come on folks I have to help save this show it is amazing) and if you would like to help you can save the petition here. Moving on… I also watched stupid Joe Dirt TV thanks JDay (ugh)

I watched Debug (Stargate Actors David Hewlett wrote and directed and Jason Momoa starred in it) and re-watched Friday
 

Also managed to Watch Man from U.N.C.L.E it was actually better than I expected going into it so that was a bonus plus Henry Cavill so win win right...


MUSIC
So this week we are going to listen to:
Never Forget You by Noisettes

And
Pretty Wicked Things by Dawn Richard

And b/c you know I love me some fanvids here’s a fun Supernatural fan vid by VideosFromNicolee      Enjoy




BOOKS
I am going to go with


Title: Devil In Winter
Author: Lisa Kleypas
Release Date: 2006
Summary:
Four young ladies enter London society and band together to each find a husband. Has the third "Wallflower" now met her match?

A Devil's Bargain

Easily the shyest Wallflower, Evangeline Jenner stands to become the wealthiest, once her inheritance comes due. Because she must first escape the clutches of her unscrupulous relatives, Evie has approached the rake Viscount St. Vincent with a most outrageous proposition: marriage!

Sebastian's reputation is so dangerous that thirty seconds alone with him will ruin any maiden's good name. Still, this bewitching chit appeared,unchaperoned, on his doorstep to offer her hand. Certainly an aristocrat with a fine eye for beauty could do far worse.

But Evie's proposal comes with a condition: no lovemaking after their wedding night. She will never become just another of the dashing libertine's callously discarded broken hearts—which means Sebastian will simply have to work harder at his seductions... or perhaps surrender his own heart for the very first time in the name of true love.
 

Thoughts:
I really love this book. I love all the Wallflower books. What I love about this book was the characters it's what this author does best. Seb is a bastard and he doesn't just act like one he truly is one. Evie is a stuttering weak woman in the first 2 books, but when you put them together they both change and want to change. It is awesome to watch. Hands down the favorite of the series. You don't have to read all of them to understand this one but it does help. If you love romance and historical romance then this is it. 

ACTOR/ACTRESS

Man I met so many wonderful actors and actresses these last 2 weeks so this is hard, but it did give me a lot of selection to help promote. But I am going to stick with my fan girl moment of Milo Ventimiglia so he’s going to be my favorite actor this week. You can follow him at @MiloVentimiglia on Twitter

 

 

 


That's it for me folks this week its been real thanks for joining me for yet another awesome week on my favorites. As always I would love to hear from you on what you thought about this week, as well as, what some of  your favorite things are. Please feel free to leave a comment on some of your favorite items here below or come over to Twitter and let me know your thoughts. You can also join me on the dark side at Tumblr or over at Podbean where I record the podcast at. Until next time stay safe and enjoy the weekend and shake that groove thing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄