Sunday, October 23, 2011

Review ~ Matched by Ally Condie


TITLE: Matched
AUTHOR: Ally Condie
COPYRIGHT: 11/30/2010
PAGES: 366
TYPE: YA fantasy/romance
SERIES: Yes first in a trilogy I believe
1. Matched
2. Crossed

REASON FOR READ: I have to admit the story line and plot interested me plus the cover is to die for!

SUMMARY (from Goodreads): 
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow 

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
This book was a pleasant surprise! I have to admit I wasn’t sure I would enjoy it as much as I did I actually found that I couldn’t put this one down which is refreshing especially from a YA perspective. Usually the heroine is just too much or too dramatic or too overdone. Cassia I have to say was a VERY nice surprise. She was not only believable but reacted in a way that I hoped she would. Man she really left an impression on me. Also this world that Condie has created isn’t so hard to believe. I could actually see us getting to this point and wonder to myself if I was in this place at this time would I fight against a system I wasn’t sure I could win or would I be like the rest of society and assume it is for our benefit? I have to say even though this is a YA book it does make you think and think I did. I can’t wait until Crossed comes out I have to know how Condie plans to end this because I am on pins and needles. And very glad I decided to read Match so close to Crossed coming out. This is a great book that I think everyone should give a try. There are deeper issues then if a teenage girl picks her best friend and who society thinks is a good match in every way for her or if she picks the boy who teaches her how to be free to feel? MAN I do love me a good triangle that gets resolved in the first book LOL

Challenges: Out do Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄