Monday, November 8, 2010
Review ~ Devil's Desire by Laurie McBain
COPYRIGHT: re-release 11/2010 original: 9/1975
TYPE: Historical Romance
PAGES: 325 pages
REASON FOR READ: Sourcebook sent me an ARC to review
SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
In a rousing, unforgettable saga that sweeps across the valleys and peaks of human destiny, the stormy alliance of beautiful young Lady Elysia Demarice and Lord Alex Trevegne plumbs the depths of raw human emotion -- lust, jealousy and hate -- for though Lord Alex has married Elysia, he cannot possess her in flesh or spirit. Out of the turbulence of their clashing wills comes one of the greatest love stories ever written, as their twin passions mingle at last, in a rippling tide of liquid fire!
This book was hard to really get into at first. I found that I was constantly reminding myself that this was originally written in 1975 and that comes across perfectly clear. There are a lot of things that were great but others weren’t so great. The fact that Alex takes Elysia by force the first time and she’s okay with it because her passions gave her away. The different little twist that you could see coming at the end was there. But all in all this is the book that started a lot of people’s love for romance out.
THINGS I LIKED:
- Elysia did stand up for herself to Alex she rarely backed down and when she did it was due to picking her battles. This led was a well rounded character and I liked that she wasn’t what was considered a traditional beauty.
- I liked that when Alex made a mistake at least he would admit it. Was it done in a matter I would’ve liked NO but at least he did admit and apology for when he was wrong.
- The brother of Alex was very interesting. It made me wonder what Alex would’ve been like if he wasn’t the eldest. Would he and Elysia have had it easier?
THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE:
- I mentioned a few above the forced romance that she gave into b/c she couldn’t help herself.
- I didn’t like the twist towards the end you could so see it coming and at times I found myself rolling my eyes at the writing.
Are you keeping it or passing it on? This isn’t my favorite so I will pass
Would you recommend this book? If you want to read what started the romance genre out then yes read it.
100+ book challenge
Romance Reading Challenge
Harry Potter 5
Or Moonshine by Rob Thurman
TOUR SCHEDULE and LINKS. http://www.jeanbooknerd.com/2017/04/shattered-minds-by-laura-lam.html Title: Shattered M...
***Find this and more yummy goodness here *** ****This meme has been done by NUMEROUS peps it was not nor is my...
Title : Tick Tock Man Author : R.M. Clark Genre : young adult fantasy Format : Ebook Reason for Reading: This book was offere...