Friday, June 12, 2009

Review ~ Broken Wing by Judith James

TITLE: Broken Wing
AUTHOR: Judith James
COPYRIGHT: 2008
TYPE: Historical Romance
PAGES; 350
SERIES: No I don’t believe it is a series I might be wrong though

REASON FOR READING: Kristie kept talking about it and I didn’t want to be out of the loop

Summary : {From Goodreads}
Set during the chaotic beginnings of Napoleon's rule, this saga tells the story of Gabriel St. Croix, a street survivor searching for a place to belong. Abandoned as a child and raised in a brothel, he has never known friendship or affection. Hiding physical and emotional scars behind an icy façade, his only relationship is with a young boy he has spent the last five years protecting from the brutal reality of their environment. But all that is about to change. The boy's family has found him, and they are coming to take him home.


Sarah Munroe blames herself for her brother's disappearance. When he's located, safe and unharmed despite where he has been living, Sarah vows to help the man who rescued and protected him in any way she can. With loving patience she helps Gabriel face his demons and teaches him to trust in friendship and love. But when the past catches up with him, Gabriel must face it on his own. Becoming a mercenary, pirate, and professional gambler, he travels to London, France, and the Barbary Coast in a desperate attempt to find Sarah again. On the way, however, he will discover the most dangerous journey and the greatest gamble of all is within the darkest reaches of his own heart

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
I have to admit this book shocked me. Not something I would have normally picked up but I'm glad Kristie talked me into it. The budding love was fantastic. I was upset at how Gabe acted but I understood his actions and still loved him for it. Very, very good romance.

Things I enjoyed:
-The characters were strong in their own right. They both had a lot to work through and yet Sarah didn’t let it stop her from being a caring person. And even though it took more time for Gabe it still didn’t stop him from loving Sarah
-How strong Gabe was just to survive. And yet he still managed to let another person into his heart. Yes it took a while but that is what made the romance so sweet.
-OMG the romance was fantastic how they fell for each other and the struggles they had to overcome in order to be with each was a nice touch.
- The teaching him how to kiss scene priceless

Things I didn’t care for
- Okay I’m probably the only one who didn’t like the scenes where Gabe was a way killing to survive. Yes it was important to character growth but at the same time I just ended up skimming over those scenes. It did nothing to help me grasp the situation nor did it matter at the end to me.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Passing on it for now will end up buying though.

SCORE: 9 out of 10

Anything Else: At first this book turned me off b/c its not my normal read but once I started reading it I fell in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄