Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Fanfiction Review ~ If You Wanna Go To Heaven by TrappingLightningBugs


Fanfiction Review


Main Pairing: Jungkook and Jimin
Author Summary: They mark a trade; Jimin's soul for Jeongguk's body, till death does the hunter get dragged down to Hell. Those are the conditions.
Or well, they're supposed to be.


Chapters: 1/1
Word Count: 39,102
My thoughts:  
Few things about this story that I loved… Jimin in control and a badass with a capital B. I mean this man is a hunter and loves what he does, hell he even gets off on it. It is rare and I mean rare to find a Jimin fic that has him as a strong capable character that doesn’t need an alpha or one of the other members to take care of him. In this fic, however, not only is he a hunter of demons, he successfully kills them and is known for it. He lives with Yoongi is a witch and Hoseok is an angel. Add in that Jungkook is a naïve demon who is a very young incubi and you have a hell of a mix. This is a Jimin/Jungkook story, and their relationship takes a primary role. There is a lot of smut in this and when I say a lot, I mean a lot. However, what kept me reading this (besides the smut) was the relationship and how Jimin questioned everything from Jungkook’s role, to his life, to his own desires and how he enjoyed killing so much. Jimin did justify his actions of killing demons but Jungkook called him out on the pure pleasure he received from the killings. I also enjoyed how they started out in a contract that Jungkook did not want to end up in a relationship of budding friendship. The storyline itself was very interesting and the author did a fantastic job at portraying the grey lines of demons, angels, right and wrong. The author made you start questioning things as well and if it really is as simple as a black and white, good vs evil situation. I was so sad when the story ended, I immediately jumped on the author’s page to see if there was anything else out there. Turns out there was a sequel that they had started and didn’t finish as of yet (fingers crossed that they do) because the sequel has Jimin and Jungkook continuous storyline but also has more of Yoongi and Hoseok’s story and I am dying to see where they was heading with at witch and an angel. Not to mention they threw in a little Jin and Joon to mix things up and not in the way I anticipated.
If you are for sure looking for a good fanfic that is different from others, I would highly suggest this one. 

This has a sequel called: I Would Fall from Grace (Just To Touch Your Face) it has a few more chapters to be finished and I admit that I subscribed to it…

Extra thoughts
*** I also read another quick one-shot from the author called Another Reason to Stan and I have to say I enjoyed that a bit too much as well. This is for sure an author I will be reading the backlist and subscribing for any new stories ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄