Friday, December 20, 2019

FanFic Review ~ How to Fall in love by CassiaVioletBlue & Softjeon





Main Pairing: Yoongi and Jungkook

Chapters: 6/6 
Word count: 55,039

Author’s Summary: He needed his music and it was a bittersweet passion because it could set him aflame with joy or tear him down alike. But needing a person - you’d always end up with your heart in pieces, he had learnt that. Still, here in the darkness of the room and with no one else watching he allowed himself a moment of pure and utter weakness, reaching out for Jungkook and pulling the younger gently against his own body.


My thoughts: 
Wow this one surprised me. It hit on some major issues that I didn't think fanfiction would go to. Such as abusive relationships, self-esteem, rape or close to, toxic relationships and eventually dealing with the fall out from that. Jungkook moves in to Yoongi's apartment and right away we see the self esteem and self worth come into play with both of them thinking the other deserved more then what they could offer. Yet NEVER COMMUNICATING THIS... unrelated shouting sorry. However, as the story progresses we see how much self-worth and esteem come into play when Jungkook gets himself in a relationship with "the perfect boyfriend" according to everyone except the one that is in the abusive and toxic relationship which made it even harder for him to get out of. Yoongi on the other hand kept telling himself it wasn't his place to interfere with what Jungkook wanted. So back and forth we go until it builds to a head and Jimin has to step up and interfere in such a great loving way that I finally had my satisfying HEA. So worth it to read this story for that HEA and to see how the author handled abuse, toxic relationships, friendships, and communication. I have to say this minus all the negative topics, but honestly because of them, has become one of my favorite fanfictions to read and I so, so, so much enjoyed reading this one.


***I currently subscribe to CassiaVioletBlue on AO3 due to this fic and I have to say BEST INVESTMENT so far. All of their stories have been interesting and blown me out of the water. They have a new one that just came up that I am waiting with baited breath each week for Evergreen seriously go check it out. It is another Jungkook and Yoongi pairing with hybrid themes that I adore.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄