Thursday, August 23, 2018

Reviewed ~ Wild by Cheryl Strayed


Title: Wild
Author: Cheryl Strayed
Pages: 315
Published: 2015

Summary
At twenty-two, Cheryl Strayed thought she had lost everything. In the wake of her mother’s death, her family scattered and her own marriage was soon destroyed. Four years later, with nothing more to lose, she made the most impulsive decision of her life. With no experience or training, driven only by blind will, she would hike more than a thousand miles of the Pacific Crest Trail from the Mojave Desert through California and Oregon to Washington State — and she would do it alone.
Told with suspense and style, sparkling with warmth and humor, Wild powerfully captures the terrors and pleasures of one young woman forging ahead against all odds on a journey that maddened, strengthened, and ultimately healed her

Thoughts
This book took me by complete shock. I was blown away by how much I could relate to parts and to other parts I pulled back from. I loved how strong this author became... she didn't start that way and that is something that always attracts me to books. When a character can grow I have to admit that is when you have hooked  me. I will forgive almost anything if you can show me that the character has some  kind of growth through the book. And by did this author grow. She starts off at what can be considered rock bottom and with little to no forethought goes on the most difficult journey on a good day with experience and yet she goes with no experience and comes out a live. Battered, bruised and stronger which man oh that is some serious growth and lawd it's what a gal like me needed to read at a time like that. I am very interested in watching the movie now just to see how it relates to the book because the book really stirred something in me. It made me want to try things. It made me want to reach for things. It made me believe that I can do things that I feel I may not be strong enough to do and even at rock bottom people can come back. It is a powerful book that I have highly suggested others to read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄