Monday, August 27, 2018

Facebook Meme ~ Day 1



So recently there was a meme on Facebook where the person picks 7 books no explanation no reason just pick a book and spread the love. Instead I thought I would put the 7 books here over the week and explain why I picked them

Day 1
Summary:
Among the seminal texts of the 20th century, Nineteen Eighty-Four is a rare work that grows more haunting as its futuristic purgatory becomes more real. Published in 1949, the book offers political satirist George Orwell's nightmare vision of a totalitarian, bureaucratic world and one poor stiff's attempt to find individuality. The brilliance of the novel is Orwell's prescience of modern life--the ubiquity of television, the distortion of the language--and his ability to construct such a thorough version of hell. Required reading for students since it was published, it ranks among the most terrifying novels ever written

Reason:
I picked 1984 by George Orwell simply because I first read it in high school and absolutely fell in love with it. Something about the story caught me at a young age and actually did something that the books before this never did... it made me think. Every time I read this book I find something else about it that makes me think. Every stage in life or different age I go through this life relates to me in a different way. I really enjoy this book and I love how it relates to different life stages or political atmospheres and environments. 

How about you have you read this one? What were your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄