Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Facebook Meme ~ Day 2


So recently there was a meme on Facebook where the person picks 7 books no explanation no reason just pick a book and spread the love. Instead I thought I would put the 7 books here over the week and explain why I picked them

Day 2



Summary: 
Mary Shelley began writing Frankenstein when she was only eighteen. At once a Gothic thriller, a passionate romance, and a cautionary tale about the dangers of science, Frankenstein tells the story of committed science student Victor Frankenstein. Obsessed with discovering the cause of generation and life and bestowing animation upon lifeless matter, Frankenstein assembles a human being from stolen body parts but; upon bringing it to life, he recoils in horror at the creature's hideousness. Tormented by isolation and loneliness, the once-innocent creature turns to evil and unleashes a campaign of murderous revenge against his creator, Frankenstein.

Frankenstein, an instant bestseller and an important ancestor of both the horror and science fiction genres, not only tells a terrifying story, but also raises profound, disturbing questions about the very nature of life and the place of humankind within the cosmos: What does it mean to be human? What responsibilities do we have to each other? How far can we go in tampering with Nature? In our age, filled with news of organ donation genetic engineering, and bio-terrorism, these questions are more relevant than ever.


Reason:
Frankenstein was one of those books again that I read as a teenager. Sadly this one did not  stick with me it wasn't until I was older and listened to it on audio book that something clicked with me this time. I was really impressed with it and I am not sure why but for some reason the first time I listened to the audio I just loved it. The second time I read the book I connected with Frankenstein's monster on a level I hadn't anticipated. The third time through I decided to watch Frankenstein with Benedict Cumberbatch playing the monster and it resounded even more with me which then caused me to read it again with new and fresh eyes and understanding. Needless to say since that I have read it at least once every other month or so with each time learning a new thing about the book, the creator and the monster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄