Saturday, December 22, 2018

Review ~ Beneath the Lighthouse by Julieanne Lynch

 Title: Beneath the Light house
Author: Julieanne Lynch
Published: 2018
Pages: 304
Genre:Young Adult

Summary per Goodreads: 
SOME SECRETS ARE MADE TO BE UNCOVERED.

Sixteen-year-old Jamie McGuiness’s sister is dead. Sinking into a deep depression, he frequents the lighthouse where her body was discovered, unaware of the sinister forces surrounding him.

When an angry spirit latches onto Jamie, he’s led down a dark and twisted path, one that uncovers old family secrets, destroying everything Jamie ever believed in.

Caught between the world of the living and the vengeful dead, Jamie fights the pull of the other side. It’s up to Jamie to settle old scores or no one will rest in peace—but, first, he has to survive


Thoughts:
I found this book to be a bit suspenseful at times I was wondering what would happen and others I wasn't surprised at all. This book does tend to move slower then I am use to so that threw me off for a minute. The descriptions of the places were done very well and the friendship between the main character Jamie and his best friend was the highlight of the book for me. Their banter and back and forth really had me smiling. The drawback for me was the "cursing" I don't mind some cursing in my books but if you are going to curse then just do it. She used freck instead of the f word. Which threw me off as most people wouldn't know what was going on. Every time she did this I was drawn out of the book and had to regroup (which was a lot). Otherwise I would recommend this book to young adult and some people who like suspense and ghost books. Also the characters for the most part were really drawn out well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄