Friday, August 17, 2018

Review ~ One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M McManus



Title: One Of Us Is Lying
By: Karen M McManus
Published Date: 2017
Page: 358

Summary: The Breakfast Club meets Pretty Little Liars, One of Us Is Lying is the story of what happens when five strangers walk into detention and only four walk out alive. Everyone is a suspect, and everyone has something to hide.
Pay close attention and you might solve this.
On Monday afternoon, five students at Bayview High walk into detention.
Bronwyn, the brain, is Yale-bound and never breaks a rule.
Addy, the beauty, is the picture-perfect homecoming princess.
Nate, the criminal, is already on probation for dealing.
Cooper, the athlete, is the all-star baseball pitcher.
And Simon, the outcast, is the creator of Bayview High's notorious gossip app.
Only, Simon never makes it out of that classroom. Before the end of detention, Simon's dead. And according to investigators, his death wasn't an accident. On Monday, he died. But on Tuesday, he'd planned to post juicy reveals about all four of his high-profile classmates, which makes all four of them suspects in his murder. Or are they the perfect patsies for a killer who's still on the loose?
Everyone has secrets, right? What really matters is how far you would go to protect them."

Thoughts on the book:
So wow I am not sure where to begin with this book because my goodness this one blew my freaking mind. I was completely shocked by this book. Here I thought it being a young adult novel would mean that while it was good that it would also mean that it would be an easy simple solution with no real plot twist or turns. That was completely wrong and while I won’t spoil this book for you when it says that it is the breakfast club meets the pretty little liars group they are not kidding you. I loved pretty little liars tv show and this was just as twisted and dark. I would have said it was more a gossip girl meets pretty little liars but hey whatever works. This was a fun read and I did enjoy every single moment. It was not a put down and read kind of book which I wish I had known before starting because I had to put it down to sleep. Yet the very next morning I pick it up immediately.  Run don’t walk and go forth pick this book up. The characters are interesting the story has twists and turns and I have to say there is actual growth of most if not all the characters except one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback! Hope you have a fantastic day 😄